Almost 40,000 children and young people are in foster care and their needs vary greatly. For appropriate placements to be made, more foster carers from all walks of life and with growing skill and experience are needed.
- We look for potential foster carers from a wide range of backgrounds and age-groups, who are able to offer commitment and understanding.
- You should be a supportive individual or family, in good health, and have at least one spare bedroom available for fostering. This should its own separate bullet point
- It may help if you have parenting experience, or have fostered before, or worked with children and young people in a professional capacity. But this is not essential. However, motivation and time and space to foster certainly are.
- Foster carers come to know they have made a difference, and this is rewarding.
What can we offer you?
We know that our foster carers make all the difference to our children, and we want to work with the best. We make sure that our carers have:
- Full support from us, and continuous training (including NVQ)
- Fair payment for fostering
- Good links with our experienced social workers
- Support groups, and our forum for carers, as well as social activities
- Membership of the professional association for foster carers